Please Note that we are no longer taking any items for the container for the foreseeable future.
We no longer have storage facilities to collect and sort items while awaiting transport to Zambia.
There are many ways you can help HHI to make a difference for those in great need - from individuals to communities; from remote clinincs to hospitals; from costs of prescriptions to major heart surgery; from school excercise books to schools. Our work is wide and varied with the common goal - to help vulnerable people receive the help they need to help themselves.
Another way for you to raise funds is to buy online purchases using easyfundraising. HHI benefits everytime you conduct your online purchases via easyfundraising.org.uk. There are no additional costs for using this service and there over 3000 participating sites covering a wide range, from food and insurance to holidays. Already HHI is well on the way to £800 donations with only 47 supporters using easyfundraising so far. Get clicking and raise funds for HHI!
Are you an occupational therapist, a physiotherapist, a speech therapist or something similar?
Or are you training to be one?
Would you like to put your skills to good use in India?
We support two special needs schools - one in Kerala and the other in Tamil Nadu. We also support a home for destitute women with serious psychological problems. In the past, student occupational therapists have gone out to our centre in Tamil Nadu, and have had a great time, helping the children as well as communicating best practice to the staff. And they have even learned some tricks from Indian traditional medicine (ayurveda)!
You would need to provide your own ticket to Trivandrum (Thiruvananthapuram) airport, but once you have arrived our partners in India can meet you at the airport and take you to one of the centres. We can provide accomodation - it's pretty basic, but that's part of the adventure! Living in India is cheap. Contact our office for more information.
You can help in other ways by:
- sending us your used ink-jet and toner cartridges for which we obtain varying prices (No Epson or Laser please)
- sending us your old mobile phone for which we obtain up to £20
- remembering us in your Will
- purchasing ethnic craft items from us
- joining the 'Tear Drop' Club and saving a regular amount in the supplied, attractive savings box
- joining the 'Mobile Clinic' supporters and saving a regular amount in the supplied, attractive savings box
- donating items that we can sell or use as gifts in a tombola - an ideal way to recycle unwanted Christmas or birthday gifts, or help declutter your home
Details of all these schemes and further information can be provided on request.